Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Love Dare: Day 2

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. -- Ephesians 4:32

Do not let kindness and truth leave you,; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. -- Proverbs 3:3

Today I learned a lot. I had to work on my patience late last night in, what became, a heated argument over something petty. Needless to say I failed day one. I was so ashamed and disappointed, but I realized we all make mistakes and decided to continue this journey.

My task was to continue to practice patience and also preform at least one unexpected act of kindness. Shawn and I put aside our differences this morning because I took the initiative in asking for forgiveness for my actions. I say this because that was part of today's task, and as I stated in my previous blog I am a skunk. I am not usually the one to back down first.

My act of kindness was simple and not unusual, but I am sure it was unexpected. I usually cook dinner and Shawn will clean the kitchen. I did both of these and then followed it with sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, and doing the laundry. I have to admit, I love a clean house, but it is so much more enjoyable when I did it for someone else and not just to do it. I clean the house because I have to, normally, but Shawn's primary love language is "acts of kindness" and I should practice doing things like that for him more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment