Thursday, April 2, 2009

Everything Happens For A Reason

Something I just read in Daddy Darrell's blog reminded me to write this down: everything happens for a reason on God's terms. Shawn got a call today; Daniel's cousin overdosed and died. Shawn's heart was yearning to counsel his friend and he was anxiously thumbing through his Bible for scripture. Shawn called me for guidance and I told him to pull out a book I bought him when we found out his dad's cancer could be back titled "How Could A Loving God?". It's all about death and biblical versus that assist in consoling those who may be grieving a loss or a future loss. I feel the need to explain why I truly believe that God will take you when he needs to, wants to, and will use you as an example to other's. I had an older guy friend named Brendon when I was in high school whom I knew through his older brother, Doug. We hung out all the time and he was a super nice guy with a nasty drug habit. We lost touch, he completely disappeared, and I found out why when I ran into Doug one day when I was home from ASU on a break. Brendon went to rehab in Florida to straighten his life out. He gathered the strength to pick up and move from everything and everyone he knew in order to conquer his disease, and he did!! But, shortly after he became sober he was killed by a drunk driver, ironically, while walking home from work. From that day forward I knew exactly why it happened. God wanted to take His child before the Devil could try to take him over again. I grasped a completely different concept that day, one that changed my outlook on things completely. So, when we lose someone close to us there is always a reason behind it. God knows the day you're going to die before you are born, as Shawn put it, and so that has to stand for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment